Thursday 6 September 2012

When STYLIST Became Art by Leigh Keates




I arrived at Stylist Magazine head offices at 7.45am for a cover shoot and all I'd been told was that I had two girls that needed to be made identical, 15 minutes per girl with a car picking us up at 8.15am, to take us to the Saatchi Gallery.

It's not often you get to shoot in places like the Saatchi gallery, but apparently the girls were 'to become the art'. As we were shooting them from behind it was decided that we go for a Pony, keeping the sides sleek and adding slight volume on top, effective but not ideal with such time restrictions.





I popped a touch of mousse on the hair line and dried in. Once dry, I layered with Redken Quicktease and back combed the top section with a Kent backcombing brush. I gathered into a pony with my Mason & Pearson, ensuring that the back and sides were sleek without compromising the volume at the top. I tied with a 'bungy' and wrapped a piece of hair from the pony to conceal the bungy elastic.




I repeated on the second model and we jumped straight in the taxi.  At the Saatchi gallery the cleaners were still going about there morning routine as we set up. Every one knew what needed to be done and we was wrapped by 10am, just in time for the gallery to open .


To follow Leigh on Twitter here.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment