Wednesday 31 August 2011

Eli Wakamatsu talks Wedding Make-up


A couple of close friends are getting marry soon so I have been thinking about wedding make-up. This morning I saw this photo of the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton, and thought how truly beautiful she looks. 




To be honest, I felt her make up on the wedding day was little harsh as I watched on the tv screen in Paris. (I was shooting in Paris that weekend!) and I prefer her look in the photo below than the look for the wedding.



I love how her beautiful skin is glowing elegantly, the coal under the eyes is much less pronounced, so you will see her eyes (and not the lines).

I have thing about the brides skin to be glowing with joy and happiness, and not too Matt with foundation and powder.

If you have a dark eyebrow, leave it natural and just brush it up with some clear mascara or Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper. If you have light colour or uneven eye brow, fill the gap with natural colour powder like the Givenchy Eye & Brow Prisme. Do not go darker than  your hair colour. Remember, a dark eye brow can make your face looking harder, lighter eye  
brow makes softer.


For foundation ; use a sheer foundation such as Givenchy's Photo Perfexion Light or Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua in conjunction with desired concealers.
   
Then use Dior Christal Nude pressed over the face, instead of powder to fix and mattify a little but still retain a glow. This product keeps skin looking totally sheer as if you are not wearing any foundation, yet keeps it shine free.










2 comments: